Operator Ease Combined with Computer Controlled Efficiency
The AutoShift transmission is an advanced shift-by-wire system consisting of a Fuller medium-heavy transmission communicating with an electronic engine utilizing the SAE-J1939 protocol for precise control of the engine and transmission functions.
The clutch is used only for starting and stopping. Once the vehicle is in motion, AutoShift operates like an automatic transmission, with the efficiency of a manual transmission.
- Clutch necessary for start-up and stopping only, prolonging clutch life.
- Computer controlled shifts at ideal engine speed for best efficiency and performance.
- Reduces driver skill requirements through ease of operation.
- Reduces potential for drivetrain abuse by inexperienced drivers.
- Accurate diagnosis and repair with continuous electronic self-diagnostics.
- Modular automation design for ease of diagnosis and service.
- Requires appropriate electronic engine and engine brake. Consult engine OEM for availability.
- Roadranger warranties are available for a wide variety of applications. To find the coverage that applies to your specific vocation, please see the Vocational Warranty Guide (TCWY0900)
AutoShift 10-Speed Transmission Product Card (PDF, 1MB)
AutoShift 18-Speed Transmission Product Card (PDF, 1MB)
Service / Troubleshooting
AutoShift Gen II Automated Transmission Quick Reference Guide (PDF, 629KB)
AutoShift, UltraShift, UltraShift PLUS Gen III Automated Transmissions (PDF, 23MB)
AutoShift/UltraShift/UltraShift PLUS Generation III (PDF, 60MB)
AutoShift/UltraShift Generation 3 (PDF, 15MB)
Engine Configuration Settings (PDF, 951KB)
PTO Installation Guide (PDF, 5MB)
Heavy-Duty Transmission Unit Exchange Guide (PDF, 1MB)
CE 18-Speed RTLO-11118 Transmission Driver Instructions (PDF, 2MB)
Driving the Heavy-Duty AutoShift Gen 2 - Video (WMV, 33MB)
Gen III AutoShift Model Transmissions Driver Instructions (PDF, 1MB)
Multi-Speed PTO Interlock Driver Instructions (PDF, 1MB)