Coming soon, ServiceRanger 4, the next-generation diagnostic and service tool designed for both today’s and tomorrow’s automated transmissions and hybrid drivetrain systems. Click here to find out more about ServiceRanger 4 and see for yourself all the ways Eaton is shifting ServiceRanger into a higher gear.
Until ServiceRanger 4 is release, continue to use ServiceRanger 3. It supports all existing Eaton automated transmissions and hybrid systems.
Features and Support
- Vehicle Components function that shows information about all vehicle components being detected by ServiceRanger.
- J-1587 and J-1939 Fault Code Detection
- J-1587 and J-1939 Product Configuration\Programming Support.
- Data Monitor function now supports both J1587 and J1939 data parameters.
- Automatic ServiceRanger Update Notification Service.
Installation\UpdatesClick on the following link to download. Follow the dialog which pops up, then click "Run" or click "Save" to install it at a later time. The file on this page requires the user to have full Administrator Privileges on the computer before the file can be installed.
- Note: The distribution policy for the ServiceRanger 3.x diagnostic software tool allows for distribution to OEM truck dealers and primary fleet customers for diagnosing Eaton automated products.
- Note: Do not un-install ServiceRanger version 2.x at this time. This is not an upgrade for the previous versions of ServiceRanger. ServiceRanger 2.x is currently still required to support the EVT-300 collision warning systems and Generation 1 Autoshift Transmissions.
Software Registration and Unlock Code
After the software is installed it is necessary to submit your registration to obtain an Unlock Code to activate the software. Click on the following link to complete the registration. Please allow one business day for processing. The Unlock Code will be sent to your email address when your registration has been approved along with instructions on how to complete the software activation. If you have any questions or require immediate authorization please call the Roadranger help desk at 1-800-826-4357."
- Note: Users outside the US and Canada should contact their local Roadranger for authorization.
Current Products Supported
- Generation 2 Autoshift and Ultrashift® Transmissions
- Generation 3 Autoshift and Ultrashift Transmissions
- UltraShift PLUS Transmissions
- Lightning Transmissions
- Hybrid Drivetrain Systems
ServiceRanger 3 User's Guide
RP-1210A Communications Adapter Support
ServiceRanger version 3 supports “Dual Link” connections, meaning it can be configured to support both J1587 and J1939 communications devices. Not all communications adapters support dual link connections. Click on the link below to view a list of communications adapters that have been tested and are “recommended” to be used with ServiceRanger version 3.0.